I absolutely LOVE getting pictures from my readers of their creations that were inspired by crafts on my blog. A reader, Jeanna, was inspired by the doll sized DIY Wellie Wishers Mud Pie Kitchen to create an adorable child sized version. Jeanna had reached out to me in a comment on the doll Wellie Wishers Mud Pie Kitchen blog post that she was working on the child sized version but was having some difficulty with the ‘Mud Pies’ sign. I gladly edited my doll version to a larger size for Jeanna. I was so impressed with her finished gift for her daughter that I asked her if she would share her plans on my blog. How cute is this child sized Wellie Wishers Mud Pie Kitchen? My daughters and I think it is adorable!
(2) wood crates from Michaels – 12 1/2 x 9 5/8 x 17 7/8”
(2) 1 x 1/2” pieces of wood cut to 48” long (got from scrap stash at hardware stores – they charged me $0.25/ea. For them)
(1) 10”x 17 7/8 x 1/4” plywood (also from scrap and free) for countertop
(1) 7” x 19” x 1/4” plywood for sign. Make sure to cut 19” side after you put all else together and cut to fit your sign bars.
(4) cans Valspar Project Perfect Paint and Primer (interior and exterior enamel paint for the project). I used a satin finish in Tropical Foliage color and it matched perfectly with the sign.
– liquid nails and 1” wood cabinet screws
I printed the child’s mud pie sign on legal paper in landscape mode, then used as a template. I folk-art painted all on the wood, then sealed with a matte enamel sealer. However, if you choose to use the sign Brandy provided, print on card stock, then laminate. This little station would make an adorable lemonade stand, smoothie bar, hot chocolate stand, or even flowers or a farm stand down the line!!
I finished it off with clear command hooks and dollar store items for the sink, etc. We even found an old pair of wellies that we are going to use as a planter!
The Child Sized Wellie Wishers ‘Mud Pies’ Sign can be found here: Mud Pie Sign child size
To see our doll sized DIY Wellie Wishers Mud Pie Kitchen as inspired by American Girl see here: http://brandyshappyhome.com/diy-wellie-wisher-mud-pie-kitchen/
You could also easily make child sized Wellie Wishers Mud Pies from inspiration from our doll version here: http://brandyshappyhome.com/how-to-make-wellie-wisher-mud-pies-2/