1 lb. Rotini (or Orzo)
1 jar of Kalamata Olives
1 jar of Banana Pepper Rings
1 jar of Roasted Red Peppers (in olive oil)
1 can of Chick Peas
1 handful of Fresh Basil
1 handful of Fresh Baby Spinach
1 container of Fresh Cherry Tomatoes
1 container of Fresh Mozzarella Balls
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
This is a LARGE amount of pasta salad! It would be great for a cookout, to keep in the refrigerator to have alongside grilled chicken, sandwiches, burgers, in lunches, or even on its own, atop of a bed of baby spinach! Experiment by adding or substituting vegetables that you or your family love!
- Cook pasta to directions, drain, and rinse in cool water. (Orzo or any bite size pasta that you like)
- Drain Olives, Banana Peppers, and cut into halves. Then drain and rinse Chick Peas in cool water.
- Drain Roasted Red Peppers and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Rinse and pat dry–Basil, Baby Spinach, and Tomatoes. Roughly chop or tear the Basil and Baby Spinach into bit size pieces, and cut larger tomatoes in half or if they are small just throw them in whole! **One tip on fresh Basil-purchase it as close to the day you will be using it as possible, and do not refrigerate, it will turn black.***
- Drain Mozzarella Balls, or if you can’t find the balls just buy a larger piece of Fresh Mozzarella and cut into bit sized cubes.
- Toss all of the ingredients in a large bowl, and drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and Balsamic Vinegar, Salt & Pepper to taste. If you prefer to use bottled dressing, drizzle with your favorite Italian Dressing (Newman’s Own “Family Italian” is yummy).