It’s that time of the year when our pumpkins get carved for Halloween! Not only are we eager to see what design will be inspired on our pumpkin carvings, but we are in much anticipation of getting to those pumpkins seeds! Over the years I have tried and tested many roasted pumpkin seed recipes. With a few tweaks and adjustments here and there, I have finally achieved what my family considers is roasted pumpkin seed awesomeness! Today I will share with you a very easy recipe for roasted pumpkin seeds.
1 1/2 – 2 cups raw whole pumpkins seeds
1 Tablespoon melted butter
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 Teaspoon sea salt
- Boil the seeds in salted water for 20 minutes. This cleans the seeds really well.
- Lay seeds out on a cookie sheet over night to dry.
- The following day, preheat oven to 300° F (150° C).
- Toss seeds in a bowl with melted butter, evoo, and sea salt.
- Spread the coated seeds on a cookie sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
*Tip: if you let the seeds dry out for more than one day you can cut the oven roast time down to 25-30 minutes. Time depends on your desired level of crunch!
We can’t wait for the seeds to get out of the oven! These buttery roasted pumpkin seeds have just the right combination of buttery goodness and crunchy chew! Enjoy!
Oh… here’s another idea…these seeds will make a great snack for your Thanksgiving “kids table!”
Click here for a printable version of this recipe: Brandy’s Roasted Pumpkin Seed Recipe