Now that the Our Generation ice cream truck has been redecorated into Tenney Grant’s Tennessee Hot Chicken Truck it’s time to start filling the truck up with doll sized paper food trays and to-go boxes! These trays and boxes were inspired by American Girl Tenney’s picnic set. My paper food trays were sized specifically to fit the to-go box. I also wanted the to-go box sized correctly to fit all the needed food items and have enough finger room for easy play. Today I will share with you two very easy and free printables to create these doll sized food trays and to-go boxes on your own.
Here is an inspiration picture of American Girl Tenney Grant’s picnic set. You can find this set here: http://www.americangirl.com/shop/new/tenney-picnic-set-dvm04
These paper food trays turned out super cute! They are already in a red and white checked pattern.
Simply follow the steps below to create these American Girl doll sized food trays.
- Print the Chicken Truck Paper Food Tray Printable here: Chicken Truck Paper Food Tray . I suggest using a 65 lb cardstock paper for extra sturdiness.
- Cut out the outside of each tray. Then cut the small black line in each of the four corners.
- Fold along each solid red line.
- Bring corners inward.
- Use glue stick and glue corner angles down.
- Outside corners should look like this…
I am ecstatic how cute the doll sized to-go box turned out! I think this is a much better size than the one American Girl made. Follow the steps below for directions on how to create Tenney Grant’s take out box.
- Print out Part 1 and 2 of the Chicken Truck Take Out Box here: Chicken Truck Take Out Box part 1 and Chicken Take Out Box Center Panel part 2 . I printed mine onto tan card stock paper. Cut out each box base. Cut the short dark black solid line in each corner.
- Fold along each thin line.
- Fold in cut tabs and place glue. I used a glue stick.
- Press and hold corners shut.
- Each side base will look like this when assembled.
- Now use part 2 printable. Cut out the two center panels. You need to use both panels in one to-go box to make it sturdy. Glue the center panels together.
- Then glue each base to the center panels. Make sure your lettering faces outward.
- You can leave the to-go box as is…or…you can cut out the provided side panels and glue to the sides, providing coverage of your seams.
You can see that the food fits these doll sized paper food trays perfectly!
And you can also see that the food trays fit into the to-go box perfectly! More on the food items and canning jar ice tea in upcoming posts! The link to my previous Tenney Grant Tennessee Hot Chicken post with truck signs, menus, and décor can be found here: http://brandyshappyhome.com/tenneys-tennesse-hot-chicken-truck/