I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! We have been so busy having fun here at Brandy’s Happy Home. But, we have still made time to get some crafting done! I am so excited to share with you today’s post. This craft idea was created by my youngest daughter, Jemma. Jemma wanted to be in charge of doing the entire craft, photos, and blog write up herself! Jemma has created ADORABLE no-sew doll dresses for her American Girl Wellie Wishers dolls from SOCKS! ~ Brandy
Take it away Jemma…..
Hi everyone! I’m Jemma. I’m 9 years old. I made very easy dresses for my Wellies using socks. All you need are socks and scissors. I found a set of socks in my drawer that I had never worn before. I guess I forgot about them. These socks were from Justice. They did not fit my feet so I decided I wanted to recycle them. I grabbed a pair of scissors and in a minute I made several cute dresses. My Mom also found more socks for me to craft with at the Dollar Store.
- Lay your sock flat. My feet are kind of small so it didn’t really matter if the heel of the sock was at the front or back of the dress. The socks stretch so much that the heel flattens out.
- Trim off the seam at the toe.
- If you want an angled hem, trim more of the sock off at an angle.
- Snip a tiny hole where you want the doll’s arm to go through. DO NOT cut a big hole, let the small hole stretch on its own. I got creative and made some dresses with only one hole to give it an off the shoulder look.
5. Slid the sock dress on your doll feet first. Position how you want. Some hems I did at an angle and others I cut straight.
I hope you enjoyed my craft! And as my Mom always says, CRAFT ON!